The National Silhouettes of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. became official in August 1947 at the Los Angels Conclave of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. In 1980, the Silhouettes were officially recognized as an auxiliary to the Fraternity. Under the leadership of Dr. Oliver Gumbs, Grand Polemarch, the Silhouettes were granted a seat on the Board of Directors of the Kappa Alpha Psi Foundation, Inc. On September 11, 1987, Policy Statement No. 87-12 was entered into the records of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., recognized the Silhouettes as an affiliate whose purpose is to the purposes of this organization are to:
- Serve as an auxiliary to Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Promote the organization of local Silhouette chapters and the interchange of ideas.
- Coordinate activities of local Silhouette chapters
- Provide activities of visiting Silhouette and their families during Kappa Conclave.
- Develop and disseminate policies and procedures for National, Province, and Local chapters.
The membership of this organization shall be the wives/widows of Kappa Alpha Psi, Inc. men.
The National Silhouettes colors shall be Crimson and Cream.
Motto…..Southern Province Silhouettes: “Revived, Rejuvenated and Reconnecting: Reaching New Heights and Achieving Results Together”
The Decatur-Athens Silhouette Chapter was chartered March 5, 2017 at 6pm on the campus of Calhoun Community College-Huntsville. The ceremony was performed by Southern Province Coordinator Silhouette Brenda Beale and was attended by the Huntsville Alumni Silhouettes and Members of the Decatur-Athens Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc…
President Sonya Wimpye
Vice President Nadine Leonard
Recording Secretary Lawanda Reynolds
Financial Secretary Robin Boyd
Parliamentarian Gwendolyn Patterson